Posts Tagged ‘Used Shipping Container Prices’
How to find the best Used Shipping Containers by price or cost.
If you are a retail business owner looking for additional on-site storage solutions for your seasonal inventory, have a construction site that has expensive tools and equipment that needs protection or you are a transportation & distribution company needing more storage at your docks. Then a used shipping container might be the best business solution for your storage needs.
Storage and shipping containers are versatile and can have multiple applications, these are just a few of industries that can benefit from purchasing used shipping containers. Sometimes for businesses it just makes more economic sense to purchase a used shipping container from a Container Alliance partner company for often half the cost of a new storage container. Buying a used intermodal container can cut thousands of dollars off your investment, and the technology and quality that are used in constructing cargo containers makes the shelf life of a used container last decades. So it is not always necessary to buy a brand new shipping or storage container. Container Alliance is the best resource to help you get the best unit at the best price. Learn how to save thousands of dollars on a “like new” used unit.
Shipping container architecture is a form of architecture using steel intermodal containers (shipping containers) as structural element, because of their inherent strength, wide availability and relatively low cost.
Factors that affect Used Shipping Container Prices and Costs
Used shipping container prices can vary and usually range between $1,000-$5,000, there are many aspects and factors that affect the price you will pay for one, including:
- Condition– a used shipping container that needs to be fixed or refurbished can go for as low as $1200 for a new 20′ Shipping Container, while a container that is considered “like new” will usually go for around $3000 for a new 20′ shipping container.
- Size– The larger ones like the, 40ft and 48 ft extra wide units often cost the most and are usually 20-30% more pricey than a standard 8×20 ft unit.
- Options– When purchasing a used container that has been modified with additional options such as refrigeration, vents, door locking systems, or you need any other features installed, then you can expect to pay a premium.
- Delivery– Shipping companies range of delivery is usually around 200 miles distance, but for larger orders the company may travel further. Delivery fees can be priced into the purchase so it’s always a good idea to ask all these questions before you pull the trigger buying a container. As you can imagine the further you are from a port location, the container will cost more money. Transportation is expensive.
- Quantity– Making larger orders lowers your over costs significantly. if you are buying a bunch of used shipping containers, often storage container company suppliers will offer bulk discount rates so the cost per unit will be less.
Here are the Advantages of Buying Used Shipping Containers.
Strength and durability
Shipping and storage containers are in many ways an ideal building material. They are designed to be tough and carry heavy loads and they can stacked in high columns. They are also built to last in harsh elements and environments – such as going on board oil tankers or coated with road salt while transported on roads. Due to their high strength capacities, containers are ideal for storing almost anything that can fit inside them. Why do you think the military uses them so much?
Most shipping containers are made to ISO standard measurements and as such they come with modular elements that can be combined into bigger structures. This simplifies design, planning and transport of them. They are made to interlock for the ease of mobility during transportation, structural construction is completed by simply arranging them together on top of each other. The containers’ modular design makes other construction uses as simple as stacking more containers. They can be stacked up to 12 high when empty.
Already assembled modules can be transported by truck, ship or train, because they already conform to ISO standard shipping sizes.
Used shipping containers are often available in any state in the US in many, many markets. The fact that ISO containers are available in so many locations make them a very affordable option for your storage needs.
Many used containers are available at a price that is much lower compared to a finished structure built by other labor-intensive means such as bricks and mortar buildings and modular spaces— which require larger and more expensive foundations. Storage container construction involves a lot less human labor. Used shipping and storage containers usually only require simple modifications which can be purchased from major transport organizations, sometimes for as little as US $1,500 each. Even if you buy one that is brand new they don’t normally cost more than US $8000.
Tips to think about before you buy a Shipping Container:
- Find out if it is damaged at all?
- Ask if it has a watertight seal?
- Ask as many questions as possible.
- Compare prices and different unit sizes.
- Find out if the unit has a warranty, or if warranties are available for purchase.
- Find out if delivery fees are included in the price of the unit.
- Buy your container from the nearest Container Alliance represented partner company.
If you have questions about new or used shipping container prices, our professional account executives can help answer anything and make recommendations for what makes the most sense for businesses needs. GET QUOTE NOW